The First United Methodist Church of Santa Rosa is a place where adults and families can experience a community of love that expresses itself through both personal spirituality and social responsibility. We believe in offering faith enriching experiences that provide . . .
- a place for support, prayer and personal spiritual growth and formation.
- a place for fellowship and fun - "where everybody knows your name!"
- a place to do the ministry or mission that sets your heart on fire!
- a place where you can gain strength and encouragement to live out your life faithfully.
- a place where you will be challenged, changed, inspired and engaged.
- Study - focusing on biblical interpretation, historical & contemporary theology, and moral issues - ranging from classic Sunday School classes to an open forum on the issues of war & peace that confront contemporary society.
- Ministry - performing a special mission, ministry or task for the church or our society - ranging from caring for the gardens on our church campuses to participating in the Volunteers in Mission trip to the Gulf Coast for Hurricane Katrina relief.
- Caring - supporting an area of personal or social concern - ranging from a friendly visitor in the hospital to the weekly meetings of AA & Alanon.
- Interest - participating in a common interest or activity - ranging from quilting groups preparing blankets for our children to social concern advocates engaging the issues in our home town.
- Fellowship - having a good time with good friends, old & new - ranging from the Ligaya older adult fellowship group to a community wide gospel concert with the LA Spirit Chorale.