Parents, pay your Preschool Tuition using our online store.
Welcome to First United Methodist Church Preschool and Child Care Center. We're so glad you found us!
We have a special place here. Our teachers are very dedicated to creating an engaging and loving program for young children, ages 2-5. We are open from 7 am to 6 pm, Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, and from 7 am to 5:30 pm on Tuesday, year-round.* We are a combination of preschool and child care. We offer the theme-based curriculum activities in the mornings, and then we continue to offer a rich environment in which children can explore and play all throughout the day. Is there a difference between preschool and child care? Not necessarily. When the focus is on children's development, there are opportunities for children to practice their skills all day long. And our teachers meet to discuss each child's development each month, based on the approach of "The Sooner the Better" program.
Some of the things our parents most appreciate about our program:
- The 6-hour Part Day. It's a unique option! And it's longer than most preschool programs. Our Full Days are 6-10 hours.
- The schedule you need! You pick the days you need, based on your schedule, where space is available. [Minimum 2 days/week. And, as your schedule changes over the years, we accommodate as best we can.]
- Drop-in days. [Part-Day and Full-Day options for enrolled children.]
- Excellent Teacher-Child Ratios [Usually 1:6 in 2's program; 1:8 in 3-4's program.]
- A program for 2 year olds! [We help with potty training, too.]
- Teachers' education, experience and tenure. [See Staff Bios.]
- Pre-K prep for 4 year olds including "Handwriting Without Tears" curriculum and other readiness preparation.
- Theme-based curriculum - including holiday celebrations.
- Community Workers' Theme, all throughout the year - firefighters, pizza makers, school bus drivers, dental hygienists, nurses, doctors, veterinarians, etc. We love these visits!
- Lots of PLAY! Lots of outside play, too. [And a huge GYM for cold or rainy days!]
- Music class twice a week with Darlene Bradley. [Two simple concerts a year.]
- Spanish class, once a week, with Lupe Nolan.
- Bible stories, once a week, with Debbie Howes and Linda Dunbar.
*We are closed for major holidays, one week in August and a Holiday break from Christmas Eve through New Year's Day. [See School Year Calendar]
Since 1992, the First United Methodist Church of Santa Rosa, as part of a community outreach program, has provided an affordable, comprehensive child care program in a nurturing, Christian environment.
We welcome all families regardless of race, religion, gender, ability, national or ethnic origin.
"Let the little children come to me, and do not stop them, for it is such as these that the Kingdom of Heaven belongs."
Parent Involvement & Special Events
The center offers many opportunities for parents to participate and become involved in our Program:
- Preschool Board
- Ice Cream Social
- Back-to-School Night
- Community Worker Visits
- Winter & Spring Concerts
- Thanksgiving Family Potluck
- Annual Spaghetti Dinner & Silent Auction
- Bike Days
- Annual Luau
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
7:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Tuesdays 7:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Year-round preschool and child care.
Children ages 2-5 are eligible for enrollment.
Tours by appointment. 10 am