Notes from our November gathering: (11/2/2015)
- We listened to each other as we shared our stories of the moment we realized our Reconciling recommendation had passed.
- We also shared our ideas for the future of the group. How will we further our mission to reach out and welcome LGBTQ folks, families and allies both within this church and in the community? How can we reach out to the congregation to build bridges of understanding between all people of our church?
- We also watched the video from the PBS series ‘To the Contrary’ which addressed issues between the LGBTQ community and the United Methodist Church.
We will look at:
- The Future/Wildest Dreams suggestions relating to our FUMC Oneness in Christ statement, generated by the church congregation at the all church September 29th Reconciling gathering. Here are the suggestions.
- The article ‘We’re Welcoming… now what?’ from the ‘Building an Inclusive Church’ Tool Kit.
Please join us. Next gathering: December 7th.