- For Children
- For Youth
- For Adults
- Older Adults
- Creative Arts
- Life Celebrations
- Ways to Serve
- Angels' Attic
- Community Garden
- Disaster Response
- Fair Trade Products
- Volunteers in Mission
- National and International
- eScrip Signup
National and International Outreach
John Wesley, the founder of Methodism, famously said in the 18th century, "The world is my parish." Our world is much more complex than John Wesley's and the need to take the redeeming love of Jesus into the world never more pressing.
The Outreach and Service Commission keeps us focused on the world's needs through missionary speakers, a lively bulletin board in a Montgomery hallway, and calls to participate in Volunteers in Mission projects.
United Methodist Volunteers in Mission is a missionary movement within the United Methodist Church designed to provide an official channel whereby Christians, both lay and clergy, may offer their skills and talents for Christian service at home and around the world on short-term assignments at their own expense.
VOLUNTEER IN MISSION SURVEY SHOWS A LOT OF INTEREST
Lots of people are interested in Volunteering in Mission! Thanks for your input! We received the following responses:
- Rebuilding Together - 17 (They are looking for Corporate Sponsors and will let us know if they need additonal people to work.)
- Habitat for Humanity Workday - 28 (Workday set up for April 18 for the first 10 people to sign up. Contact Diane Jackson 539-9311).
- Family weekend campout - 16 (Pastor Greg is looking for leadership for this event)
- UMCOR Warehouse at Sager Brown - 8 (Waiting list is 2 years for groups. Individuals may contact them directly).
- Mission Trip to Iowa - 13 (Trip is scheduled for Sept. 12-26. Pick up a brochure at the Fair Trade Coffee Table or in the church office.)
Mission Trip to Galveston - 8 (We chose Iowa instead)
Join chairperson Diane Jackson and the rest of the team at their monthly meeting on the fourth Monday of the month at 4 PM to expand and support the missions arm of our church.