Wednesday Sept.7th H.M.T.F. Start 1:30 End 3:25
Present: Peg, Mike, Bob. Shirley, John, Bill, Jennifer, Richard, Norm.
Harold Wallin H.U.T.S.
- Discussion on feasibility of small H.U.T.S.- are they too small? Need tents for community meeting area/ cooking and storage area etc.
- Start with H.U.T.S first. Tents always apossibility with funding/ grants.
- Can we build a community with a small group of 10?
- Harold willing to have H.U.T.S. on display at Stony Point on 11th. All agreed.
- Both Harold and AmeriCorps are new partners and allies for this mission.
For Sack Lunch on 11th H.U.T.S.shelter needs a sign possible wording:
- Harold Wallen local artist designed this as an example of a possible shelter for the homeless community.
- 10 of these will be built and funded by America Corps. For distribution and use of homeless.
- There will be an AmeriCorps build day on October 22nd.
- We bring this to you today to show possibilities of alternative temporary housing.
Stony Point meeting with Cynthia Stebbins and Harold Wallen
- Mary contacted AmeriCorps about specifics of using our land for an AmeriCorps build event.
- Mary to talk with Trustees.
Meetings Sonoma County Homeless Task Force
- John met to talk about mental health issues. We might get a list of local physicians for referrals This could be an important resource for us.
Plan Conversation for Sept. 11th
- Doug’s team to plan transition from outdoor service to indoor. We will all help.
- Panel-Mary, Tom, Jennielynn and Norm
- Mary introduce panel and is mediator.
- Norm will start with power point about the mission.
- Jennielynn and Tom to follow
- Booklet and facts sheet available at back.
- AV support, 2 hand held microphone- Doug
Security for our shelter-What might this really look like?
- Catholic Charities 24 on call
- Allies – schedules presence on site,
- residence supervision
- CHAP changes reviewed. Sent to Jennielynn and Tom.
- Peg to talk with Camp Michela today at 5.30. to clear any confusions they might have. Will invite group to the meeting Sunday.