Wednesday September 21st Homeless Ministries task Force.
Present: Doug, Mary, Bob, Shirley, John, Peg, Mike
Start 1:35 End 3:00
Church Council meeting
- John presented an update - notes from Sack Lunch passed out, informed group that video recording of the event to follow
- It was stated that Church Council will make any decision to our final proposal.
- Bottom line is : Can this group (HMTF) be supported? HMTF only wants to further the mission of our church.
- HMTF wants Church Council’s blessing.
City Council Homeless Policy Sub Committee-Reviewed CHAP 4 points to look out for when item brought to City Council- they were discussed and sub-committee wanted added to CHAP.
1.Cooking as part of the Safe Camping, no open fires
2.24/7 to be placed in document
3.Camping? Tents and other transitional dwellings.
4.What might the available funding source be?
- Number of residents up to 30 , but could be expanded depending on property.
- Zoning ordinance will follow as this will be an extension of C
- 180 days stay with case by case determination. Are folks really working on the plan?
- Heating requirement - patio heaters
Conversation with Deputy Fire Marshall-Paul O'Rear
- Tents seem ok
- Some concern that structures may raise red flags. Hoping Harold Waller will follow up on this.
- Need to meet the needs of fire department/ access etc.
- Fire Marshall conversation - good first step.
- Keep him informed.
Next Large Group Meeting October 9th 10:45-Noon Montgomery
- Town Hall Meeting- mostly Q &A
- Be consistent with answers that Tom and Jennielynn gave
- Mission focus
Contact Chris Rogers, City Council Candidate - Shirley
- Episcopal Senior Ministries-?
- Community Foundation 2017
- Sonoma Wine Country due Jan. 5th
- Rotary October 31st
- Wealthy Women Grant? Peg
Neighbors/ School Contact -Part of CHAP requirements.
- Doug will contact school to find appropriate dates. Then we will contact Tom and Jennielynn.
- 2nd. Meeting with neighbors. Send additional mailing, similar to safe parking mailing.