Wednesday October 5th
Peg, Mike, Doug, Bob, Shirley, Richard, Mary, Jennifer.
- Ameri-Corps pre-build approved, need to be off site by Thanksgiving, with possible extension.
- Another mission project, FISH, presented to Trustees. If at Stony Point may be higher impact than transitional housing. Requested a trustees rep to be part of future conversation.
- 70 people attended first meeting
- SRJC students will correlate results. FUMC will schedule future Homeless Talk.
Sonoma County Taskforce for the Homeless
- HUTS conversation maybe have 10 small encampments across the city. Volunteer counselors as support.
City Council Candidates Presentation
- Tibbetts, Rogers, Oliveras and Combs greatest support for housing and homelessness
Grant from CAB
- $1000 Grant approved. Bravo to Mary, Doug and Shirley
Sunday 9th October 10.45 Fellowship Hall
- Jim Current- opening ‘ Being Called to Mission’
- Norm -slide show
- Video explaining the intake question. Who will we have as residents? How will they be chosen?
- Mary- moderator
- Norm, Shirley, Bob and Jennifer to answer questions
October 19th School/Neighbor Public Forum. Tom, Jennielynn, Blake Busick
- Reaching Out to Homelessness in Santa Rosa- flyer
- Similar format to FUMC 9th meeting. Blake to lead.
- Pastors to meet with principal and superintendent before the event
Sunday November 6th 4pm Stony Point Ministry Center
- Neighbors to be invited.
- John, Richard will canvass neighbors
- October 15th 9-5pm Prebuilt
- Oct.22 Ameri - Corps A Day of Service
- Harold working within fire regulations. Need for sprinklers unknown
- Folding futon, Creator Foam Store, Vinyl, waterproof
- Publicize 22nd event at FUMC
Ask Harold what help needed- Shirley
Group to Plan physical layout. Bob and Shirley, Mike, Jennifer, Bill (possibly Harold)
- $140 each for platform base , build Arch type structure. Fencing and community structure. Water power, battery, lighting.12 volt system.
- Peg and Mike to visit Oregon to see Eugene's Safe Spot for ideas
Group to work on MOU/ relationship with Catholic Charities.
- Richard , Paul and Mary will start now.
- Norm, Peg and Richard
Tuesday October 11th City Council meeting.
- CHAP on agenda all try to attend.