Wednesday HMTF Meeting October 26th
John, Shirley, Mike, Jennie
Oct. 2Oth Wright School District
- Very positive response.
- Call from wife Sue Jackson of school board member wanting to help.
Oct. 20th So. Co. Continuum of Care-John
- Funding from county goes through continuum of care. Recommendation to have representative from HMTF.
Visit to Eugene Oregon – Mike and Peg visited (report Mike)
- Clear definition of residents at each ‘safe spot” This division helps form stable communities. disabilities, veterans, single women, 18-35
- Platforms bases, concrete blocks then wooden base
- Curved Conestoga wagon style shapes with tents inside roof extends to make covered porch.
- Intake -30 day trial, stay for 6 months, apply for 3 month extension.
- City lot used
- ‘Cahoots Crisis Assistance’ helping out on the streets dispatched through police.
- Spare HUT available for 2-3 days for any emergency
- Gate locked at night, volunteer resident at each safe spot for security.
- Each safe spot has a warming building, small propane heaters, carbon monoxide detectors. ,bicycle rack, garden, fire pit.,kitchen tent,stove, sink, chest freezer used with dry ice
- In Eugene up to 6 HUTS allowed on private or church land. Intake used
October 30th Harvest Festival.
- Original and new build hut possibly available. Flyer available.
- Sunday Nov. 6th Stony Point neighbors and R.L. Stevens Families - Doug – Interpreter ( SINCE CHANGED to Wednesday 9th at 6:30
HUTS next steps
- Who will build and where will they go? John to meet with support groups and perhaps contact Ryan Samsome at SRJC for manpower
- Structure and physical layout will meet Monday at Stonypoint
- MOU group sent draft to Jennielynn at Catholic Charities
- Preliminary community rules drafting group- no report
- Police – let’s talk with them.
- CC security- 24 hour on call
- HMTF security first week have person there to secure residents. Shifts?
- Seek support for others in community and residents
- Safety for Land/ building Garden will be enhanced due to having residents on land. Mike shared a story to illustrate this.
- Meals on Wheels possibly could bring meals to residents.
- Application for CHAP -agreed we should complete this
- Helen Frater Task Force for the Homeless contacted us with support- Shirley
- Susan Kniss Hessel Church-conversation to talk about future small community in Sebastopol -Shirley
- Sonoma County Homes for all Summit- November Thursday 17th need to register.