Wednesday October 19th
Present: Mary, Doug, Richard, Bob, Shirley, Norm, John, Paul, Bill
Oct. 17th City Council Homeless Subcommittee
- City to look into funding possibility for CHAP
- Find possible city property for CHAP communities
- Revised booklet for Wright School Board meeting October 20th Blake, Doug, Shirley and Bob to attend
- Need to include contact information in booklet
October 30th Trunk or Treat Harvest Festival
- Will Harold be present? Have available complete booklet and flyer about upcoming school and neighborhood meetings
- Translator needed for neighborhood meeting - John
Rewrite page 11
- Discussion on change then agreed on this wording, “What are we trying to do - create a camp of dangerous, out of control people and then expect your support?"
- Agreed to keep using keep using the words,” families or people experiencing homelessness”.
HUTS preparation at Stony Point
- Build going well with Homeless Action and AmeriCorps crews
- AmeriCorps will remove when needed.
- Should we try sleeping in them overnight?
- Still concerns over fire safety
- Changes were made
- MOU will be sent as work in progress to Catholic Charities.
- Mary to look into physical address for fire dept etc.
- Paul, Richard and Mary to propose a date to meet with Jennielynn early November.
Rules Group –ongoing, Norm and Cynthia Stebbins to talk
Physical Layout Group:
- All gave suggestions to Bob and Shirley
- This will help Shirley write a Rotary Grant
- Letter to editor – Shirley. Many in community know about FUMC involvement in homeless issues
- Ruth Circle. Wants representative to talk to group. 14 Novemeber Pat Sandborns House Richard and Paul
- Board of Trustees Oct 24th Update needed - Norm representative.
- Awning help formulate plan on installation. Might be permanent not retractable- Doug