Wednesday October12th Homeless Ministries Task Force
Present: Bob, Shirley, Mike, Peg, Richard, Doug, Jennifer
Name of our proposal
- Transitional Community at Stony Point - Decided to use word COMMUNITY not encampment or tent city.
Also talk about 'those experiencing homelessness’, rather than homeless people.
Town Hall Meeting October 9th
- notes on website
- reached many new people
- HMTF discussed question and comments and the wording on page 11 in Transitional Shelter brochure. Is the list of people types seen as insulting? Doug will talk with Norm about this page.
- Future gatherings- let’s not assume folks know the background of HMTF and perhaps mention other groups who are supporting us.
City Council Meeting Tues. 11th October
- CHAP approved, great positive energy
CHOPS-meeting with city council candidates
- We were mentioned as a Faith community leading the way.
- Jack, Ernesto, Julie and Chris were impressive speakers.
November Roseleaf article - John
Landing Page on website needs an overview - Doug and Bill
Eugene Oregon Safe Spot
- Peg Mike scheduled a tour
- Eugene group working on plans and specifications
Harvest Festival at FUMC Stony Point 30th October
- HUTS are available, 1 will be decorated - can use FUMC flat trailer
- Have side table by HUTS, advertise upcoming meetings.
RLSteven’s School board meeting. 20th October.
- Wright School District office Doug, Blake, Shirley and Bob 5pm
- Made changes to brochure to shorten presentation. Doug
Need to set meetings for school –Doug in touch with Jennielynn, Tom and Principal
Sunday 6th Neighborhood Meeting 4pm
HUTS build 22nd October
- Early build started, money seems to be pouring in. Bravo to Harold and his support group.
HMTF Subgroup Updates
Physical Structure group have not met-possibly shipping container for storage.
MOU group- at request of Jennielynn, Richard will start draft with Mary and Paul.