Homeless Ministries Task Force Wed. January 18th
Present: Richard, Bob, Shirley, Peg, Mike, John, Jennifer, Paul, Norm, Mary and Doug
MEETING CHANGE THURSDAYS at 11am
Update from Meetings:
Jack Tibbetts- Bob and Shirley
- Jack, Julie and David Gouin feel HUTS are aesthetically pleasing and would be a better choice for the neighbors. Much discussion
- Fundraising through Indigogo – Paul to follow up
- Who owns the HUTS?
- Gift to users or do we have to buy? Follow up Shirley
Fire Department Questions:
- Need for conversation regarding, gates width and locks, heaters, cooking, HUTS, emergency access etc.
- Contact Jack, Fire Dept. and David to arrange walk through prior to set up. Shirley
- MOU essential first step. Richard to contact Jennielynn , then to email to Trustees by Jan 20th for email approval.
- Present to Trustees about site usage, preparation- gravel improvements, design, layout -Feb 6th - use prepared layout board
To do: Action Items
- Budget: Doug, Shirley
- Layout plan: Bob and Mike
- Fundraising Online: Paul
- MOU: Richard
- Kellie K. Bob and Mike
- Neighborhood Watch or Association – Norm
- Place poles to outline placement- Bob
- School and School Board- Blake, Doug and others continue support.
- Find name for sheltered transitional housing- All
New Communication Team: Blake, Lindsey, Mary, Paul, Richard
All requests to be sent to Communications team.
- FUMC outreach
- Email updates
- Church Council update
- Trustees report
Other: Boys and Girls Club - host a daily before and after school at Ministry Center.
Task Force very supportive.