August 24th Homeless Ministries Task Force meeting
Present; Norm, Paul, Jennifer, Bob, Shirley, Peg, Mike, Blake, Mary. John
- Thursday Aug 18th. Jennielynn and Tom see separate notes - discussion followed. Question about having Safe Parking and Safe Tent community together! This is probably a C. C. decision.
- Numbers - Jennielynn suggests we start small 8-10 discussion followed about whether this is too small for a ‘community feel’. Maybe a soft start is ok for us, the congregation and C.C.
- CHAPP - reviewed registration form and changes- added extra fire safety wording. Richard
Church Committee Updates
- Norm Bryan Study Group
- Outreach and Service
- Let's hear more about why we need a vote.
- Is this task force just seen taking a risk, others maybe don't have confidence?
- Are we just taking care of our church folks?
- Will we have more problems if we don't have vote?
- Outreach and Service. Committee- “Only those who have been informed get to vote?”
- Perhaps congregation needs to know, “There is a group who really see this as an important mission and want this to happen. Are you going to obstruct this group?”
- School visit planned.
- What about neighbors? Mary knows name of the apartment manager. Individuals we talk to could be invited to the 11th Sack lunch meeting.
New Slide Show Norm
- Excellent show, helping to change the face of homelessness. Few edits needed. Great for website or show in church? Norm will use at Men’s Breakfast and Trustees.
- send edits to Norm
Sack Lunch September 11th Open to all
- Invite people particularly those who we know are unsure/uncertain.
- Service at 10am HMTF gathering at 12
- Short intro, no slide show
- Give time to Jennie Lynn and Tom Schwedholm
Church Council Saturday 17th
- Progress Report no voting/concensus/proposal at this time
Pre school response
- Doug working on this.
- Homeless Action looking for a place to build 10 artist designed simple dwelling for a build day. Will then give away to homeless! How about our space for a build day? A creative arts project?
- Community Action Board grant for Welcome Area outside Fellowship Hall. (Mary, Doug, Shirley) Presentation by Shirley tonight