Homeless Ministry Task force Meeting Wednesday August 10th
Start. 1:30 End 4pm
Present: Peg, Mike, Shirley, Bob, Doug, John
Jennielynn Holmes ( Catholic Charities) and Tom Schwedhelm (City Council) willing to meet next week with Shirley, Mike, Doug and Norm.
These 4 task force members will meet at 8.30 Wednesday for a pre-meeting
Sack Lunch Sunday August 14th McMullin Room- Similar format as before.
- Update slides
- Including perhaps a uniform tent example and a map of area
- Include latest updates from city council.
- Norm presenting
- Jennifer - moderator
- Use cards for questions
- Saturday August 11th Palms Inn 5-7pm Housing Crisis Summit
- Monday August 15th 9am City Council Chambers
We plan to address neighborhood interests and concerns when we have the final details from the city and our task force. This might include targeted mailing, individual meetings and group meetings. Pastors to be involved.
Neighborhood Walks will continue every Saturday and Sunday- we can join in.
- Peg gave a Camp MIchela update.- obviously some negative changes happening.
- Nomadic Shelter- Redwood Gospel Mission Project will be monthly year round. Peg will take the lead. Volunteers should go directly to Peg.
- Preschool board sent a response to church council regarding our FUMC Homeless Task Force Ministry. We plan to respond back, to Church Council, to the applicable concerns. For next week’s agenda.