HMTF March 2nd.
Doug, Norm, Bill, Shirley, Bill, Mike, Peg, Jennifer, John and Jennie H., Mary
Guests: Dwayne Dewitt and David Harris
- Use HUTS as guard shacks to protect property
- Vets Connect meets at Vets building weekly
- Vets don't always get full benefits.
- Focus on Vets- perhaps social workers might be available.
- Contact vets administration - Airport Blvd
Chris Coursey - Bob and Shirley
- Concerned about fast swift change of direction after the Homeless Summit.
- Haven't even rolled out CHAP.
- Full discussion on April 4th at City Council.
- Some on council think need to change direction. Others have varied opinions.
- CHAP could be part of Housing First.
- Admired our efforts and seemed very supportive. Sorry we have had backlash.
- Bob talked with 2 neighbors
Where are we now? Discussion followed covering all possibilities.
- Group to work on immediate plans and a group will work on long range plans.
HMTF Communication Team will:
- come up with talking points for partners, church community and wider community.
- Church Council 11th March
- 20th MarchHomeless Subcommittee at City Chamber
- April 4th City Council