Board of Trustees Minutes
February 1, 2017
Attending: Nate Barker, Thomas Barnett, Mary Brunet, Charlie Fields, Norm Hardin, Darrell Jurling, John DeGroot, Larry Schmidt, Paul O'Rear, Richard Peterson-Jones
Meeting called to order at 7:03. Opening prayer by John DeGroot.
January 16 meeting minutes approved unanimously.
Small Huts Discussion:
- Huts were expected to be removed by end of January but remain today.
- Mary has received no new usage request.
- Thomas and Norm volunteered to follow up with John Creager and Shirley Cheal.
- HMTF still considering using the Huts(or only some) as part of Transitional Community.
- Huts will need major upgrades if they are to be used, according to Fire Dept.
- One suggestion: SR City should help find a storage location.
Transitional Community Discussion:
Questions from Trustees included Consistency of Transitional Community with FUMC mission, Approval of Community from Church Council, Appearance of FUMC secondary invMOU, Further Clarification of FUMC structure use, Squatters and Recourse, Types of Shelter, Length of time Participants stay, SR City financial assistance, Availability of funding for optional facilities/amenities, on-site monitoring Logistics, Location of Parking, Handling disputes with CCDSR, Coverage of Officers under Insurance.
Paul and Richard provided clarification and answers for all Trustees questions.
Trustees requested frequent updates to process. Some changes will be made to MOU based on discussion. Trustees agree to allow approval via email if unanimous. Earliest possible Participant move-in could be April, that is considered extremely aggressive timeframe.
Motion approved unanimously to request insurance increase of approx. $850/year to FUMC insurance plan to cover Church Officers from Liability.
Meeting adjourned at 8:50pm. Closing prayer given by Charlie.
Next meeting is scheduled for February 27, 7pm.
Respectfully submitted by Nate Barker